Skip to main content

दिल के ख़ुश रखने को 'ग़ालिब' ये ख़याल अच्छा है

It is difficult to drink milk when you see that there is a fly in it. People often say that we eat at some restaurants and eateries because we have never entered their kitchens. Once we happen to see the kitchens and see how dirty they are, it will not be possible for us to eat food in such restaurants anymore. The taste of the food covers so many impurities because we are not able to dissect the food. We are not aware of the dirty conditions in which it has been cooked.

What if we happen to see the pretensions and greed in relationships? What if we find out that we are being used? Even worse, what if we realise we are using others? All these realisations are not easy to handle, and most people try to sweep them under the carpet because they do not want to let go of life's pleasures. At max, they will switch over from one object of pleasure to the other. One relation to the other. Inquiring into the depth of relationships is quite painful, and most people do not want to be in pain. In fact, leave aside the relationships, enquiring into the depth of pain is quite painful because that will show the dirtiness of pleasure quite visible to us, and we do not want to accept that even in our dreams. Because the pursuit of pleasure defines our most fundamental framework of life, doing away with it would make us hollow, and we can't bear that hollowness.

"हम को मालूम है जन्नत की हक़ीक़त लेकिन
दिल के ख़ुश रखने को 'ग़ालिब' ये ख़याल अच्छा है" 

I don't know why, but I have not been able to find many who dare to enter into enquiry. I can count such people, whom I have met in my life, on my fingers. Even one hand is sufficient. Most people want some ख़याल to live life. They do not want to know the reality of heaven. Even if they find out, they still want to believe in that ख़याल

The problem with "seeing the fly in the milk" is that once you see it, the taste as well as the white colour of the milk can't attract you. In fact, if somebody tries to force that on you, you will vomit. Sometimes, I feel that had we had the vision to see the micro-organisms on our skin, on the keyboard, and in the air, we would not have been able to even breathe. It would have become impossible for us to walk on the ground. Ignorance is bliss. But I feel that the road to realisation goes through hollowness. Unless somebody sees through the pretensions and falsity, how will he leave that, and how will he crave purity? Krishna showed his Vishwaroopa to Arjuna when Arjuna was fully confused. No one else in Mahabharata was confused. Everybody else was sure about their ambitions, belief systems, and loyalties. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Awareness

 I presented a paper on Vipassana long back at Delhi University, and at that time, a professor there asked me a question: "Who realises the temporality of the sensations when we practice Vipassana: the mind or something else?" That question stayed with me. I told him about my experience in Estonia. Once, I went on an office tour in Estonia, where it was extremely cold at around -15 degrees. I walked outdoors for quite a long time and developed severe stomach pain. With no medicines available to me and no doctor to visit, I sat in Vipassana and began observing sensations. After about an hour of observation, the pain disappeared. I told him that I don't know whether that was a realisation of the mind or something else, but the same brain that experienced pain some time back had no pain after some time.  The question is who was feeling the pain and where that pain disappeared after observation. When we sit in Vipassana, our minds are full of so many thoughts. Usually, our m...

A "home" decorated with "bonsai"

 Somebody gifted a plant sometime back. When I look at the plant on the Table, it appears to me as if the plant had the potential to grow into a big tree, but we confined the little plant within the limits of the pot, and it has grown strangely. It has a thick stem but has small leaves and branches. We have designed the plants to look the way we like. What "I" want is more important than what the "plant" is. The plant will grow the way "I" like it to grow. And then, "I" would also claim that "I" love the plant.  Yesterday, I went to a coaching institute to get some test series for a competitive exam for my daughter. The guide there spoke for around 40-45 minutes on the risks and chances of getting selected in different competitive examinations. So much competition. Fear is instilled into the minds of the students from the very beginning. Everything is around fear. If they are not able to get enrolment in a professional course , they wi...

Kurukshetra Within Ourselves

I watched the Netflix series Kurukshetra today. It's a wonderfully made series and, in fact, made me recall my childhood series of the Mahabharata that used to be telecast on DD. Mahabharata is magical. The most magical thing about the Mahabharata is that it has no straitjacket definition of Dharma . The entire battle of Kurukshetra is for Dharma, and everybody feels that he is fighting the battle for Dharma.  When Bhishma realises that Vichitravirya needs to be married, he goes to the Swamvara of Amba, Ambika, and Ambalika and forcefully brings them to Hastinapur . Ambika and Ambalika are married to Vichitravirya, while Amba carries out penance to take revenge on Bhishma. Why did Bhishma bring these three girls against their wishes to Hastinapur? If Vichitravirya wanted to marry, he should have shown courage and participated in the Swamvara. After all, Swamvara meant that the girls wanted to marry the most courageous person. Bhishma deprived them of their rights for his attac...