Skip to main content

Sudarshan Chakra

Yesterday, I just wanted to have some fun with AI and asked the AI, "Do you have ego?" The AI answered, "No. I don't have because I do not have any consciousness, personal identity or sense of self". Then I asked the AI the next question, " Why don't the spiritual seekers take inspiration from you to reach that egoless state?" The AI answered, "No. A spiritual seeker does not want to turn off their mind or become an unfeeling object. They want to wake up completely. They want to experience life so profoundly that the small boundaries of their personal ego naturally dissolve into a sense of oneness with everything around them."

The AI is intelligent enough to understand its limitations. It knows it has no consciousness and is just collecting and collating what is already available on the web. Human beings are conscious entities. They are essentially the same consciousness that gives rise to all the matter. Yet, they get trapped in certain thoughts and identities so strongly that they do not mind killing others for their narrow interests. Imagine a scenario. All the particles take birth from the Higgs Field and merge into it. The building blocks of electrons, the fermions, also emerge from the same field. When these electrons flow in our brain, they create different thoughts. We identify with certain thoughts and get stuck with that identity. We lose the awareness that we are the "field" that has given birth to all the electrons. We get so obsessed with the form that we lose the substance. The more we lose awareness of being that "consciousness", the more fearful we feel. The more fearful we feel, and the more strongly we want to protect our "self-respect", the stronger the concept of our "self-love" becomes. The more strongly we want to prove our point. The more apprehensive we feel about the future. The more strongly we want to hold on to our relationships and known possessions. The more strongly we want to prove our spiritual achievements. The more forcefully we want to place an image of "being good" in the minds of people around us.

An electron does not leave any stone unturned and yet feels insecure because it fails to realise that an electron, as an electron, will always be unstable. The moment it realises that it is the "field" and that "field" will manifest in many different forms, all its fear will vanish without effort. Similarly, the moment we realise that we are that consciousness and this body and mind are just a temporary abode, why would we be so worried about the body, thoughts, identity, self, and self-respect? Will Meera feel an attack on his self-respect when her husband accuses her, and she is asked to drink poison? Will Kabir feel disrespected when his contemporaries make fun of him? Will Buddha feel threatened when people make all types of allegations against him? They are aware of the wideness of their existence. Why would they feel disrespected? Why would they react? In fact, they can never be threatened. How can an electron threaten the Field?

We are so stupid that not only do we live our own lives in that constant state of fear, but that is the first thing we pass on to our children. The moment a child is born, the parents start planning their child's future. A future that they feel would be safe for their child. The problem is that we have our own insecurities because we don't know "who we are," and throughout our lives, we feel fearful because of that insecurity. Unless we correct that fundamental error, nothing else will work, and the harder we work, the more insecure we will be. I used to see the TV serial Ramayana, where Ravan got so insecure and sleepless when Lord Rama reached Lanka. It was so amusing to see his animated reactions. However, when you see the same thing happening to the most powerful people in front of your eyes, that makes you wonder about the wonders of the human mind.

The Western world has spread the virus of materiality to the whole of the world and is itself suffering from depression. Why would the Americans have so many patients of stress, anxiety, and mental disorders, while being at the top of the world? Why would people like Michael Jackson die in utter fear and insecurity while being at the top of popularity and having accumulated oceans of wealth? On the other hand, why do people like Kabir, having almost nothing, inspire generations to come? 

The worst thing is the games we play with that limited level of awareness. "I love you" has become a poor joke. When the "I can't love I", where is the scope of love for "You"? I have read a few books on parenting, and today's experts warn parents to practice "good-enough" parenting. It is strange to see that experts have to warn the parents against this "toxic love" and the overdose thereof. Ravan's love for Suparnkha and Ram's love for Bharata are two altogether different things. Ravan will listen to his sister and even kidnap Sita, while Ram will not heed his brother's only request to return to Ayodhya and be king there, yet any ordinary person can understand the difference. When it comes to our lives, why do we become so dumb? Why do we allow fear and insecurity to take the front seat while awareness takes the back seat? Why don't we use the "Sudarshan Chakra", the right vision of life, to eliminate the ego within and be free to explore life to the fullest potential?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field of Awareness

 I presented a paper on Vipassana long back at Delhi University, and at that time, a professor there asked me a question: "Who realises the temporality of the sensations when we practice Vipassana: the mind or something else?" That question stayed with me. I told him about my experience in Estonia. Once, I went on an office tour in Estonia, where it was extremely cold at around -15 degrees. I walked outdoors for quite a long time and developed severe stomach pain. With no medicines available to me and no doctor to visit, I sat in Vipassana and began observing sensations. After about an hour of observation, the pain disappeared. I told him that I don't know whether that was a realisation of the mind or something else, but the same brain that experienced pain some time back had no pain after some time.  The question is who was feeling the pain and where that pain disappeared after observation. When we sit in Vipassana, our minds are full of so many thoughts. Usually, our m...

A "home" decorated with "bonsai"

 Somebody gifted a plant sometime back. When I look at the plant on the Table, it appears to me as if the plant had the potential to grow into a big tree, but we confined the little plant within the limits of the pot, and it has grown strangely. It has a thick stem but has small leaves and branches. We have designed the plants to look the way we like. What "I" want is more important than what the "plant" is. The plant will grow the way "I" like it to grow. And then, "I" would also claim that "I" love the plant.  Yesterday, I went to a coaching institute to get some test series for a competitive exam for my daughter. The guide there spoke for around 40-45 minutes on the risks and chances of getting selected in different competitive examinations. So much competition. Fear is instilled into the minds of the students from the very beginning. Everything is around fear. If they are not able to get enrolment in a professional course , they wi...

Kurukshetra Within Ourselves

I watched the Netflix series Kurukshetra today. It's a wonderfully made series and, in fact, made me recall my childhood series of the Mahabharata that used to be telecast on DD. Mahabharata is magical. The most magical thing about the Mahabharata is that it has no straitjacket definition of Dharma . The entire battle of Kurukshetra is for Dharma, and everybody feels that he is fighting the battle for Dharma.  When Bhishma realises that Vichitravirya needs to be married, he goes to the Swamvara of Amba, Ambika, and Ambalika and forcefully brings them to Hastinapur . Ambika and Ambalika are married to Vichitravirya, while Amba carries out penance to take revenge on Bhishma. Why did Bhishma bring these three girls against their wishes to Hastinapur? If Vichitravirya wanted to marry, he should have shown courage and participated in the Swamvara. After all, Swamvara meant that the girls wanted to marry the most courageous person. Bhishma deprived them of their rights for his attac...